Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Random car rides...

"Without friends no one would choose to live." -Aristotle-

Isn't interesting how you can just jump in a car with friends and drive around, not actually going anywhere? I have to be honest I love doing this with my friends! We drive around music blaring, windows down, and just singing, talking, or even sometimes crying...whatever! It's pretty much my favorite way to just hang out and chill with most of my friends. This gives us time to hangout with all of our busy schedules, so usually we go at 11pm or later in the night. Well my one friend Zach has this place he drives to, called the "Red Blinky Light"! This might sound awesome and like an amazing place to go, but it's basically a phone tour...lol, but the view at the top of that hill is awesome! It looks down over the city, and is just an awesome sight at night to see all the lights and such.

So Zach drives me, and my friend/roommate Liz there and back, approximately once a week or so, whenever we all have time to get together and hangout. I guess the thing that just makes me laugh though, is that we drive there and back and then just end up sitting in the car talking, laughing, singing and catching up! Although at this point we are all pretty tired and getting the sleepy haha's because it's about 1 AM!

So I guess what gets me is that we could all just go hangout at the student union, or many other places, but we choose not to. Instead we decide to be couped up in a car and just be us together, no ones else around! It's one of my favorite ways to hangout with people because of that. I love that people can connect by just driving no where inparticular, and instead just hanging out and relaxing with each other. This is how yo really get to know people and start to learn new things every time you get together! It's amazing how you can know someone so long and just learn something new by taking random car drives!


"A friend is one to whom one can pour out all the contents of one's heart, chaff and grain together, knowing that the gentlest of hands will take and sift it, keeping what is worth keeping, and, with the breath of kindness, blow the rest away." -Arabian Proverb-



<3 Sara

No comments: