Friday, September 19, 2008

Strangers who became family!

Hey,

Well I am 3 weeks into my Junior year of college. It's crazy how time fly's by and that I graduate next year! WOW...it's still kind of sinking in slowly. It makes me think about how I came to college and now these strangers are like family. High school wasn't the best years of my life and I would NEVER want to re-live them AT ALL. But I do feel that these years of college are the years that replace "the best years".

I have met most of my best friends here, they are like family. I don't know what I would do without them most of the time. Some of them have literally saved my life, and I don't even know where I would be without some of them. These strangers have become the family I never had, and the sisters and brothers I'm sure my mom never wanted.

Yes the classes may keep us from getting our required amount of sleep and our professors might just think we are always tired, but those nights that we should have been writing a paper and instead were playing volleyball at 3 AM, or making a McDonald's run for french fries. Those are the memories that I know I will never forget and will always remember. These memories are what makes thinking about graduating from here so difficult. How can I just leave everyone, and just "try" to keep in contact. It is so sad just thinking about not being together and basically living with all of those people who you care about and can't imagine not being around all the time.

This is what makes life so hard...meeting strangers that become your family and then having to part again. This is how life goes, we just have to keep in touch and hope that our friendships are tight enough that miles can't break them! The sadness of reality.

If you're alone, I'll be your shadow. If you want to cry, I'll be your shoulder. If you want a hug, I'll be your pillow. If you need to be happy, I'll be your smile. But anytime you need a friend, I'll just be me. ~Author Unknown


Love,

Sara

No comments: