Sunday, December 7, 2008

Is Our Vote Important?

I know this is really late but I finally got the exact numbers from the survey and I wanted to share them with you all because I though they were incredible. At NYU questions were asked to see how much these college students thought about their vote! Then my history professors asked us the same questions here at Messiah College. Here are the results and questions. (The number asked at NYU was much greater then at Messiah)

This is NYU’s results:
•20% would give up their right to vote in the 2008 presidential election for a new ipod.
•66% would give up their right to vote in the 2008 presidential election for a full ride to NYU.
•50% would give up their right to vote forever for $1 million dollars.
•70.5% believe that one vote CAN make a difference.

This is Messiah college results:
•25% would give up their right to vote in the 2008 presidential election for a new ipod.
•88% would give up their right to vote in the 2008 presidential election for a full ride to Messiah College.
•53% would give up their right to vote forever for $1 million dollars
•71% believe that one vote CAN make a difference.

Wow I mean look at these numbers! I did vote in this survey along with the rest of my class, and I voted that I would give up my vote for a full ride to Messiah College because I don’t have the money for college, I’m in so much debt it’s sad. But although I would give up my vote I do think one vote matters, sometimes more then others but definitely does!

I just wanted to throw this out there quickly before I forgot! I hope you all enjoy and let me know your thoughts on this I would love to hear them!

“Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.”

<3 Sara

No comments: