Thursday, November 27, 2008

Family, Turkey, and Apple Crisp

Well of course today is Thanksgiving, and that means, turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, cranberry sauce, ham, and whatever else people make in their families. For us that is pumpkin pie, brownies, and my mom’s famous apple crisp. (It’s the best ever and no one can change that!J) Today is a day to give thanks, spend time with family and eat! (lol) More importantly though it is about family and giving thanks for what we do have and not envying what we don’t. I am so very thankful for the family and friends that I do have during the holidays and all year long. Yes there are plenty of loved ones that I have lost and that are not here in human form, but I know that they are here with me each and everyday in my heart and all around. Yes I do miss them all but who wouldn’t? Although I miss them, I try so hard to remember that I need to not take for granted who is still here. We have our traditions of certain food or certain things we do for each holiday, but that is special for us, because then it’s “just a family thing.” I am so glad that my family has traditions that we get together with extended family and have dinner together. Then afterwards who knows, maybe some playing hide and go seek, movies, talking, or on occasions karaoke (ha-ha that’s a fun one)! No matter what we do it’s the fact that we get together and spend time with each other! The time we have with each other is more precious then we know and we have to be thankful for it each and everyday!

“It isn’t what you have in your pocket that makes you thankful, but what you have in your heart.”

“Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns; I am thankful that thorns have roses.”

“Be careful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough.”


<3>

No comments: