Thursday, January 1, 2009

"Don't Blink"

Well Happy New Year to everyone! I can not believe it is 2009 already and that means so many things. 1. I graduate from college next year already. Holy crap it seems like I was just a senior in high school. 2. I’m almost 21 3. My little brother is almost 16 and driving (eek). 4. Well I guess I could just keep going…but I wont. Anyway it’s another year gone and another one ahead of us. Where does time go.

Thinking back on this past year like I am sure many people do when it gets near New Years, I was trying to remember what all has happened this year. It took me awhile because some things feel like they were forever ago, and others just yesterday. As I am getting older and I guess you could say growing up, I am finally starting to see what my parents always said about “wishing your life away” and “it goes faster then you think”. In a few years I will be out on my own maybe even starting a family, wow that is pretty crazy to think about sometimes. To think that I am getting older and then seeing children in my family like siblings and cousins growing up and remembering when they were not even born are now 10 years old or older just makes you go WOW.

I’m finally seeing things from my parents view about watching me grow up and seeing how fast time does go while you are living. I know we can’t live in the past and we also can’t change anything because it’s done and over with, but instead we need to look to the future and focus on what’s to come so we can make it what we want it to be. We have out memories from the past year and although some may be very bad memories im sure we have some great ones that make us smile too. So this is to make 2009 just as good if not better than 2008, and to make more memories that will last a lifetime. Remember “don’t wish your life away”!

Instead of a quote I decided on lyrics again because they are too perfect! This song is called

“Don’t Blink” by. Kenney Chesney (This is just some of the lyrics)

“I was glued to my tv when it looked like he looked at me and said
"Best start putting first things first."
Cause when your hourglass runs out of sand
You can't flip it over and start again
Take every breathe God gives you for what it's worth

Don't Blink
Just like that you're six years old and you take a nap and you
Wake up and you're twenty-five and your high school sweetheart becomes your wife
Don't blink
You just might miss your babies growing like mine did
Turning into moms and dads next thing you know your "better half"
Of fifty years is there in bed
And you're praying God takes you instead
Trust me friend a hundred years goes faster than you think
So don't blink”


<3>

No comments: