Wednesday, February 18, 2009

How long have we known each other?

I find it amazing to have friends that I have known for years, that really don't know me and other friends who i have only known for a few weeks or a few years know everything about me basically. To have those friends that you feel like you have known forever and be able to run to with any problem you are having is amazing. I don't know what I would do without my best friends who know me so well and actually care about me and want me to be happy. The few that I can call at 4 A.M. balling my eyes out and I know they will be there to listen and not get mad or something. What would we do without these people in our lives? For me I know for a FACT that I would not be alive. These few friends that I have, have been there and saved my life more then they could ever know. I am so thankful for these blessed people in my life and all I can hope is that I can touch their lives as much as they do mine. When you can talk on the phone for hours and it feels like it's only been a few minutes is awesome. When you can sit in silence for 10 minutes and be OK with that just knowing that the other person is there. Today i am giving thanks for the few AMAZING friends I have that i have just told you about. It's such a great feeling to know that at least one person will always be there for me no matter when or whats going on. I know he will drop whatever he is doing to be there for me and I don't know what I would do without him, even though I have only known him for a few weeks, he knows more about me then anyone else. he understands, cares, and loves me for me, and that's all I could ever ask for. So thank you for being my friend!!!

You Find Out Who Your Friends Are by. Tracy Lawrence

You find out who your friends are
Somebody's gonna drop everything
Run out and crank up their car
Hit the gas, get there fast
Never stop to think 'what's in it for me?' or 'it's way too far'
They just show on up with their big old heart
You find out who your friends are

Everybody wants to slap your back
wants to shake your hand
when you're up on top of that mountain
But let one of those rocks give way then you slide back down look up
and see who's around then

This ain't where the road comes to an end
This ain't where the bandwagon stops
This is just one of those times when
A lot of folks jump off

<3>

No comments: